I would like to start by saying that our time spent with Alaya Legal, has been an amazing experience that tested our faith in their abilities and paid off in all areas of our expectations. They have an exceptional team of professionals handling all the legal services and their expertise has been very rewarding and fruitful for my company. They have the time to listen and understand the matter, their knowledge of the law and strategic use of that knowledge makes them deliver results very quickly. Alaya Legal team are really an asset and the quality of services and counselling they render is par excellent and they are very reasonable as well.
Simple and practical approach. I get straight answers and comprehensive advise. Very accessible.
We have been guided and helped at various junctures of our business. The firm is very focused, comprehensive and accurate in its advice with promptness and contemporary outlook.
- Negotiating settlements
- Pre-litigation preparation
- Litigation across different jurisdictions in diverse fora, courts and tribunals in Delhi and Gurugram, including the Trial Courts in Delhi and Gurgaon, High Court of Delhi, High Court of Punjab & Haryana, Supreme Court of India, Debt Recovery Tribunal and the Debt Recovery Appellant Tribunal, Industrial Tribunals and Labour Courts, the Provident Fund Appellate Tribunal, Consumer Forums and Competition Appellate Tribunal.
- Disputes under contracts; money recovery by business houses, banks and other financial/institutional lenders; injunctions; disputes relating to immovable property; Industrial Disputes and Labour Court proceedings; writ petitions assailing action taken by Government Bodies and quasi-judicial forums; cases relating to anti-competitive agreements; appeals and revisions; petitions for winding up of companies.
- ‘Arbitration’ under Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 and UNCITRAL Model; Institutionalized arbitration.
- Entry Strategy- Structuring transactions in light of foreign investment norms in various sectors, including share swaps
- Regulatory Work
Joint Ventures, Collaborations & Acquisitions
- Structuring transactions
- Undertaking party and transaction due diligence
- Preparing, negotiating and finalizing transaction documents
- Assistance in closing
- Advisory under Companies Act
- Foreign Exchange Laws, particularly export and import of goods and services
- Structuring transactions for units in special economic zones
- Advisory on labelling requirements, including imported goods
- Advisory under Motor Vehicles Laws to auto manufacturing companies
- Preparation and assistance in implementation of Competition Compliance Program
- Review of documents from the Competition Law aspect
- Advisory at policy making stage
- Handling Investigations
- Handling CCI applications
- To enable corporate houses to focus on their core activities, it is important for associated risks to be managed effectively. Tools for legal risk management include;
- Legal Audit and Gap Analysis
- Master Checklist for applicable, laws at central, state and local level
- Compliance Manual
- Code of Conduct for Employees / Best Practices
- Documentary Legal Due Diligence
- Legal Due Diligence of records with Relevant Authorities
- In addition to states of Delhi and Haryana, we have access to local resource pool, particularly for inspection of records with Relevant Authorities in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin and Bhubaneshwar.
- Retail banking documentation and legal advisory
- Project Financing for various sectors
- Debenture Issues
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Fund incorporation and structuring
- Advisory in relation to employment and labour laws
- Dealing with day to day discipline issues and advise in relation to conducting domestic inquiries
- Documentation, including Appointment Letters, Employment Agreements (executives, managerial and senior personnel), Stock –Options, Sweat Equity Offerings.
- Representational services before relevant fora
- Review of personal data processing, including follow-up analysis
- Preparation of internal guidelines, working procedures and manuals, employee’s accord for data processing
- Revision and adjustment of the appropriate contractual relationship with the persons involved in processing, including subscribers and other business partners
- Analysis of whether it is required to carry out an impact assessment on the protection of personal data and any follow-up support in the process, as well as when dealing with a supervisor, with whom the results of the assessment should be consulted
- Other customised services
Energy, Infrastructure & Petrochemicals
- Oil & Gas. Drafting, negotiating and finalizing documents including;
- Production Sharing Contracts and Joint Operating Agreements (negotiated and finalized); Farm-in and Farm-out Agreements; Service Contracts (Gas Field); Gas Supply Agreements & Master Gas Sales Agreement; Gas Transportation Agreements; LNG Supply Agreement & Regasification Agreements; Technology Licensing & Know-How Agreements.
- Renewable Energy. O&M for Wind Turbine Generators and downstream agreements.
- Port Concession Agreements, Sub-Concessions
- Concessions for Aviation Fuel Farms and downstream documentation
Information Technology and IT enabled services.
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing documents, including, Software Development Contracts; Software Licensing and Maintenance Agreements, Software Integration Agreements; and Teaming Contracts, Web hosting and Development Agreements; Site Usage Agreement, Preparing Security policies including policies on data, and protection and privacy.
- Digital Space. Advisory on transaction structure and documentation structure and preparation of transaction documents
Pharmaceutical; Healthcare & Healthcare Professionals
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing documents, including, Contract Manufacturing Contracts, Licensing Contracts, Distribution Agreement, Procurement Agreements.
- Preparation of Policy documents such as Standards for Interacting with Healthcare Professionals.
- Structuring acquisitions and completion of transactions.
- Advisory & Documentation
- Transportation and Warehousing
Real Estate & Hospitality
- Due diligence exercise
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing agreements in the area of real estate. Documentation including, Agreements for development of townships and complexes and associated documentation including underwriting agreements and documentation for retail sale; Construction Contracts; Collaboration Agreements; Agreements for Maintenance and Allied Services, and Retail documentation including, Commercial and Residential Lease Deeds, Sale Deeds and Leave and License Agreements
- Structuring transactions in education sector (technical, non-technical, K-12 and supplementary), and negotiating and drafting documents, including, Operation and Management Services Agreement, Collaboration Agreement, and Charter Documents of a society (including all control and management issues involving multiple parties).
- Advising start-ups in relation to structuring business and risk identification; early stage compliance issues, addressing financing requirements; preparing for equity funding; and Negotiating private equity funding documents.